Sunday, October 19, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 18: What's your favourite black and white horror movie?

What would Psycho be like if it was shot in colour? Probably still a good film but I doubt it would be classic like it is today. I've always found blood in B&W movies more shocking, especially in Psycho. I think it's the fact that you know what it is, combined with it's striking appearance of deep black which brings a level of ambiguity and in light of the film's plot, it's very appropriate.

Psycho was one of the first black and white films I saw and it broke the false notion I had that were all old and silly due it's very realistic story about murder. Unlike earlier Universal horror movies this one dealt with humans murdering humans instead of monsters and other supernatural beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment