Tuesday, October 14, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 13: What is your favourite zombie movie?

Has the zombie market be saturated? Maybe not, but I could do without them for a little while. You can't have too much of a good thing I suppose. There's been many good zombie films made over the years, I've already talked about two so far during this challenge but my favourite is 'Dawn of the Dead' as it is for countless fans of the genre. This sequel to the most famous and significant zombie movie of all time 'Night of the Living Dead' is known for not only it's impressive make-up effects but more importantly it's four well developed main characters and the film's social commentary, particularly consumerism in western society. Those are the elements that make Dawn of the Dead stand out amongst the rest and it remains to this day one of the most intelligent, thought provoking and immensely entertaining zombie movies of all time with an impact with on popular culture that remains unmatched.


1 comment:

  1. I actually haven't seen Dawn of the Dead, but I'd definitely say Night of the Living Dead

    ReplyDelete