Wednesday, October 29, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 28: What's a horror movie you'd like to see remade?

You could never do justice to Stephen King's IT. The 1990 made for TV adaptation is a good film by itself, but it just covers the basics of the story and that was with a 3 hour run time. I actually think a screen adaptation of the book would be better suited for a mini TV series, say a twelve part series on HBO, now that would be a dream come true! Just with the book's graphic content HBO would be the logical choice. But that's unlikely to happen as there is a film adaptation in the works with Cary Fukunaga attached as director which I'm more than pleased about as his work in True Detective was incredible. His dark and gothic style is exactly what I would want in a remake of IT and I'm confident he is more than capable enough to handle the complexity of King's work. I haven't given much thought as to who I would like to see cast in a remake, I think Denzel Washington would make a good Mike Hanlon, Edward Norton would be perfect as Eddie Kaspbrak and I can really see Sam Rockwell as Pennywise. There is no word on when this remake will be made, I fear it may be stuck in development hell but one can only hope for the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment