Wednesday, October 29, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 27: What's your favourite guilty pleasure horror movie?

A lot of people would argue that both Jeepers Creepers are guilty pleasures, but I consider the original a genuinely good horror film that introduced a new and very mysterious creature to horror fans simply known as the Creeper. Jeepers Creepers 2 is a direct sequel which takes place on the 23rd and final day of the Creeper's reign of terror before returning to another 23 yearlong slumber. Its target, a school bus full of high school students stranded out in the middle of nowhere. 

I'm not really sure why I enjoy this sequel so much, but I do. Just watching the Creeper pick off these kids one by one is reason enough to watch it. Plus there a cool little sub-plot involving a vengeful father who is on a relentless hunt for our winged antagonist which kicks off at the very start of the film. More of the Creeper is seen this time round which isn't a bad thing as we still don't find out anything all that new in terms of back story so the sense of mystery still remains. The characters are throw-away which is typical for this type of film, they're mostly fodder although one has a strange psychic link to a character from the first film which is really just there to help viewers along who haven't seen it. Jeepers Creepers 2 is an entertaining bit of filler for a quiet night. I remember enjoying a large Mexican pizza the first time I saw it, I'm not sure what I enjoyed more now that I think about it. Bring on Jeepers Creepers III I say!


No comments:

Post a Comment