Tuesday, October 7, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 7: What's a horror movie you think no one has seen?

There's not much of a story behind this one. When I discovered that YouTube offered a lot of old public domain films, a little one called Bloodlust was the first one I watched. Basically it's a very poor man's version of the 1931 thriller, 'The Most Dangerous Game'. We have four young people who are kidnapped by a wealthy and crazed hunter who purposely turns them loose on his private island estate where he indulges in hunting them for sport.

This is absolute rubbish! However with only a 68 minute run time it's mildly entertaining. Kind of in the same way Ed Wood's films are entertaining, because you get the impression that director Ralph Brooke was trying very hard so you have to give the film some points, preferable just one. I don't have much else to say so I'll give you a fun fact. The film features a young Robert Reed, mostly famously known as TV's favourite Dad, Mike Brady from 'The Brady Bunch'.

As I mentioned above, Bloodlust is public domain and so it should be. It's still available to watch on YouTube which is actually better quality than the DVD I own, which annoys me but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow that's got to be some kind of record haha! Thanks for the link, I've never watched MST3K as we never had it here but I always remember you being a big fan. I have heard Mike Nelson's DVD commentary for The House on Haunted Hill and Carnival of Souls which were both hilarious!

    ReplyDelete