Monday, October 27, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 25: What's your favourite holiday horror movie?

I've only seen Trick 'r Treat once and that was a few years go. I really should have watched it again before making this post but I'm behind enough as is it so I hope you forgive this short entry. I've always enjoyed anthology films; I really admire how cleverly all the stories tie into each other. Trick 'r Treat perfectly captures the spirit of Halloween through use of vivid autumn colours, an abundance of carved pumpkins proudly displayed on the front porch of every house and of the course the traditional activity of trick 'r treating. The stories are of a good variety, such as one of a mild-mannered murderer who is played brilliantly by Dylan Baker, a Grimm like fairly tale with a modern edge and a local urban legend shared amongst children. I highly recommend Trick 'r Treat as part of your October 31st viewing of horror movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment