Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 DAYS OF HORROR! - Day 2: What was the last movie you saw at the theatre?

This one had me very intrigued from the trailer. I liked the idea of a hardened New York City cop going up against demonic forces and the claim that's it's bases on actual case files drew my interest even further, although I am naturally sceptical when I hear such claims.

I saw 'Deliver Us from Evil' on August 31st and I found it to be an extremely dark and intense cinema going experience. It's combines inner city crime with satanic lore resulting in a genuinely scary supernatural thriller that is laced with horrific and inhuman acts of violence that will no doubt shock viewers. Eric Bana gives a strong performance as the seemingly fearless logically minded officer Ralph Sarchie, however there are moments of sloppy dialogue. There was one particular line that had my friend and I laughing out loud; no amount of effort in deliver could have improved it. Also Joel McHale is randomly cast in a supporting role as Sarchie's partner, offering a few welcomed moments of dry humour. If you love demonic themed horror movies I say definitely give this one a go and if you're a fan of The Doors you'll be in for a pleasant surprise.





No comments:

Post a Comment